Did you know? At Show Your Spark, we offer Bridal Boudoir Photography Sessions as one subset of our unique empowering portrait experiences, also known as Spark Sessions. Today we share all the details about bridal boudoir photography with Show Your Spark. Consider this post to be the Show Your Spark Bridal Boudoir Photography Session Planning Guide.
In it, you will find why you need one, what to expect, how to prepare, when to schedule your session, and how to select the perfect artwork for your home or partner.
Let’s get started!
What is Bridal Boudoir Photography?
Boudoir photography offers women an intimate setting to express their femininity. The term “boudoir” refers to a woman’s bedroom, sitting room, or private room. It is a place where a woman can feel relaxed, safe, and in her own space. Inviting a photographer into the “boudoir” space provides women with the opportunity to be seen in their most natural state while taking up space just as they are.
Bridal boudoir photography, a subset of boudoir photography, creates space for brides-to-be to “be” for one day of self-celebration before their wedding day. The resulting portraits and artwork preserve a unique moment in time and make for a one-of-a-kind gift for their partner.
The Benefits of Bridal Boudoir Photography
Why would a bride-to-be choose bridal boudoir photography among the myriad of details involved in wedding planning? We have five great reasons to invest time, energy, and financial resources in this experience.
- Create a unique gift for your partner. The truest wedding gift is that of yourself. You can do that both in your vows and through the gift of gorgeous portraits and artwork. Your partner will be moved by the gift of these photos, a gesture of your love for them.
- Preserve a moment in time. Use the power of photography to press pause on life and to document who you are now before this next chapter in your life. Years from now you will be able to look back on these photos and remember all the emotions this time of your life held.
- Grow in your self-confidence and empowerment. You might think this experience is a gift for your partner. The real gift, though, will be the gift to yourself. After seeing yourself in your portraits, you might find your own self-confidence and empowerment bubbling over in new and exciting ways.
- Practice being in front of the camera. If you aren’t used to being front and center or in front of the lens of a camera, your wedding day might feel a little intimidating. We can help you prepare for all that attention through a boudoir photography session tailored just for you.
- Pause and celebrate yourself. Take a day out of the crazy wedding planning to slow down, be, celebrate yourself, and see yourself in a new light. Your bridal boudoir session will be a day just for you and about you, not about your partner, or about your family or wedding guests.
Our Team Approach to Bridal Boudoir
At Show Your Spark, YOU are our priority. We strive to create a luxurious experience that has you feeling confident, empowered, and beautiful. Your inner and outer natural beauty deserves to be highlighted. We do just that through our photography and hair and makeup approach.
Before your session, we will discuss your aesthetic preferences and have you fill out a pre-session questionnaire. The questionnaire serves as a starting point for your creative juices. If you change your mind once you arrive at our studio, that’s okay!
During your bridal boudoir photography session, we will collaborate with you to curate the looks you want. You take the reins in the process. Let us know the look you want, and we will achieve that look for you. If you aren’t sure what you want, we will offer several ideas and suggestions.
As you consider your creative options, ask yourself the following questions:
- How do I want to represent myself in these portraits?
- How do I want to remember myself at this point in my journey?
- When do I plan on giving this gift to my partner?
- How do I want my partner to see me when I give my portraits to him?
Answering these questions will give you an idea if you want to represent yourself as a bride with bridal makeup, hair, and wardrobe accessories (veil, shoes, garter belt, etc) or if you would prefer to create an intimate Sunday morning vibe, or something completely different!
When it comes to posing, we will walk you through the entire process. Before your session, you have the opportunity to discuss with us your aesthetic preferences. During your session, we’ll discuss which sets and scenes you want to utilize. We encourage open communication during the session to ensure you receive the experience and results you desire.
Bridal Boudoir Photo Session Wardrobe Ideas
Many brides-to-be choose to include pieces from their wedding day outfits. Including:
- Veil or headpiece
- Garter Belt
The truth though? Anything goes! Really!
Sentimental outfits also create special one-of-a-kind pieces of artwork representing your unique relationship. Do you still have the outfit from your first date? Or perhaps you own a t-shirt that represents a place you vacationed together. Slipping into one of his button-down shirts or t-shirts also creates a sexy and personalized wardrobe option.
Still not sure what to wear? Our Sheet Sets and Artistic Nude Sets provide great no-clothing options as well. Don’t forget, Spark Sessions also give you access to our curated client closet full of gorgeous outfits.
Selecting Bridal Boudoir Photography Artwork
You are going to love your photos! So much so, you might have a hard time deciding which ones to keep! Following your photo session, you’ll take a break for lunch while we lightly edit your photos. Then sit back, relax, and view your images on the big screen in our Premiere Room. Following the slideshow presentation, you will design artwork to adorn your home or gift to your partner!
Below are our favorite bridal boudoir photography products:
- Our Fine Art Albums provide the perfect “for-your-eyes” gift.
- Our Retro Viewfinder puts a fun, flirty, and saucy spin on this childhood toy.
- Wall Art to be enjoyed in your new bedroom makes a great addition to a newly married bedroom decor.
Don’t forget, these products can be for you as well! Select a piece of wall art for your dressing room or closet to serve as a reminder of who you were before you got married. Choose to never forget who YOU are, even as you move into a coupled life.
When you give your gift is a personal decision. Many brides-to-be choose to gift their artwork to their fiance on the day of the wedding, or on their honeymoon. Some choose to share their images and artwork before the big day. Either way, the choice is yours!
Choosing a Session Date
Schedule your bridal boudoir session at least 6-8 weeks before you want to gift your artwork.
However, there’s no need to wait to schedule your session. We book dates as far as a year out! We also offer monthly payment plans so you are paid in full before you arrive at our studio. The farther out you book a session, the more time you will have to prepare financially for this special experience.
Hint: If you choose to include pieces of your wedding outfit in your bridal boudoir photography session, schedule a date when those items will be available to you.
Preparing for your Bridal Boudoir Photography Session
Are you still nervous about the idea of posing for a bridal boudoir photography session?
That’s okay and completely normal! Leading up to your session date, we will provide you with wardrobe tips, beauty tricks, posing ideas, and general encouragement to prepare you for a day in our studio.
How are you feeling now? Are you excited to pause before your wedding, celebrate yourself, and create a one-of-a-kind gift for your partner through bridal boudoir photography?
If you answered, “YES!” Contact us today! We can’t wait to hear your love story and to create a memorial Bridal Spark Session just for you!